Education In The Streets
Sunday, October 05, 2003
 
The Blog War Continueth! Josh has responded to my challenge to his project of gloating over right-wing hypocrisy. I think part of my point though, is that we need to, instead of engorging ourselves in a politics of "I told you so," to instead seriously engage with the ideologies of what Eidelson calls "The Right" (I would argue that there are in fact "Rights," and, additionally, that the liberal capitalist bourgeoisie and its various projects also constitute a fundamental building block of empire) in order, not to simply point out that Rush Limbaugh is wrong or a liar, which we know already and have known for some time, but to gain insight both strategic and theoretical into the ways in which ideologies of control and strategies of Empire are linked. Deconstructing the rhetoric of this alternatively hyper- and/or trans-national imperialism means also understanding its construction and constitution.

Additionally, I'm less concerned with what Josh terms sexual and ethnic minorities - the term minority is a problematic one in that it presupposes a normative majority rather than destablilizing the structures of gender, sexuality, and race - than with the kind of project that does this very thing. (Although I also want to map the countersubjectivities that have emerged from positions of liminality to contest, and resist, reshape, and break through these structures.)

The freedom ride rally rocked. I saw people from Local 100 and someone from my high school I hadn't seen in over a year. James Lawson kicks ass. Maria Elena Durazo kicks ass.
 
Smash Yale-[ comments.]
Comments: Post a Comment
the same people who control the school system control the prison system and the whole social system -dead prez

ARCHIVES
08/01/2003 - 09/01/2003 / 09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003 / 10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003 / 11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003 / 12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004 / 01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004 / 02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004 / 03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004 / 04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004 /


Powered by Blogger

Links